We are currently seeking to appoint motivated, proactive and hard-working Learning Mentors to join our team here at Abbey School.
This is a permanent, full-time post (term-time only), and we are seeking to appoint as soon as possible.
The post holder will:
- Work as part of a class team, under the direction of the class teacher and trans-disciplinary colleagues, to deliver effective and appropriate teaching, learning and behaviour support in all areas of school life underpinned by an evidence-based behavioural model of practice.
- Create a positive learning environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos as set out in its curriculum purpose statement.
- Work with pupils both individually and in small groups supporting them to overcome barriers to learning, delivering teaching, providing positive behaviour support and delivering other focused interventions.
- Act as the key worker for one pupil, taking responsibility for coordinating their resources, monitoring their daily data, and advocating for them within team meetings.
- Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
For further information please download the recruitment pack below which contains a detailed job description and person specification.
How to apply?
If you feel as though you have the right qualities to join our exciting, innovative and exceptional school then please read our recruitment pack which includes a detailed job description and person specification, and complete the school application form, available to download below.
Please complete the application form as soon as possible. Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com with a covering letter addressed to the Principal, Dr Katy Lee. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 10-11 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU. Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms.
Applicants shortlisted for interview will be asked to complete an in-tray task prior to interview.
The School will complete an online search for all shortlisted candidates. If any incidents or issues have happened that are publicly available online, the school may wish to explore this at interview.
Abbey School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of all pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Child safer recruitment procedures operate and the post is subject to references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure with barred list checks.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are ‘spent’ unless ‘protected’ under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, race, sex, pregnancy and maternity, marriage/civil partnerships, religion/belief, or sexual orientation.
Pupil Administrator RoleFull-time
We are looking for the ideal candidate to join our administrative team as Pupil Administrator. We are a bespoke independent special school based in Chester city centre and we encourage suita...Apply now
Residential Team LeaderFull-time
During this exciting period of growth at Abbey School. We now require an additional member to join our Residential Team. We are a bespoke independent special school based in Chester city c...Apply now
Residential Support WorkerFull-time
Our brand new residential provision, Abbey Green, accommodates children with autism who may have additional learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge, and who require a residential...Apply now
Board Certified Behaviour AnalystFull-time
During this exciting period of growth at Abbey School. We now require an additional member to join our outstanding team of Board Certified Behaviour Analysts. We are a bespoke independent s...Apply now
Residential Support Worker - Waking NightsFull-time
We are currently seeking to appoint enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working Waking Night Support Workers to support pupils who reside in our residential provision Abbey Green. The ideal can...Apply now
We are currently seeking to appoint motivated, proactive and hard-working Learning Mentors to join our team here at Abbey School. This is a permanent, full-time post (term-time only), and...Apply now