Are you a skilled, experienced, resilient and proactive Board Certified Behaviour Analyst who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and young people with autism? If so, we encourage you to get in contact.
Due to our expanding pupil numbers we are keen to welcome an additional BCBA to join our transdisciplinary team. Working through a person centred framework, you will be responsible for designing, supervising, and implementing teaching, learning and behaviour support programmes for children and young people across the school.
This is a full time, permanent role, with a start date as soon as possible to support our education provision.
Main duties will include:
- Working as part of a trans-disciplinary team to support the delivery of effective and appropriate teaching, learning and behaviour support in all areas of school life as a result of trans-disciplinary working underpinned by an evidence-based behavioural model of practice.
- Being responsible for conducting functional assessments and developing comprehensive function based Positive Behaviour Support plans and interventions to reduce behaviour that challenges and monitoring the effectiveness of these plans through development of robust data collection systems and analysis of the data.
- Using evidence-informed practices to develop personalised learning support.
- Conducting a range of assessments including assessment for learning, assessment of learning, admissions assessments, behavioural assessments and assessments of maintenance and generalisation.
- Preparing for and contributing to Person Centred Reviews.
- Working in partnership with parents, colleagues and other professionals to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
- Playing an active role in the school’s approach to Positive Handling, becoming a Team-Teach Trainer (training will be provided, however the candidate is required to be open to this training), and provide training, support and advice to all staff in Abbey School to ensure any use of restrictive intervention is used in accordance with the law and clear ethical values and embedded within comprehensive proactive plans to reduce restriction.
How to apply?
If you feel as though you have the right qualities to join our exciting and innovative school as a Behaviour Analyst then please read our recruitment pack which includes a detailed job description and person specification, and complete the school application form, available to download below.
Closing date for applications: please complete an application form as soon as possible
Interview dates will be arranged upon shortlisting after applications have been received.
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com with a covering letter addressed to the Principal, Dr. Katy Lee. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 10-11 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU. Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms.
Applicants shortlisted for interview will be asked to complete a case-study and in-tray task.
The School will complete an online search for all shortlisted candidates. If any incidents or issues have happened that are publicly available online, the school may wish to explore this at interview.
Abbey School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of all pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Child safer recruitment procedures operate and the post is subject to references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure with barred list checks.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are ‘spent’ unless ‘protected’ under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, race, sex, pregnancy and maternity, marriage/civil partnerships, religion/belief, or sexual orientation.
Graduate Learning MentorFull-time
We have a new and exciting opportunity for recent graduates to work with us here at Abbey School! We are currently offering a bespoke graduate recruitment training programme to work with our...Apply now
Residential Support WorkerFull-time
Our brand new residential provision, Abbey Green, accommodates children with autism who may have additional learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge, and who require a residential...Apply now
We now require an additional School Administrator to join our office team. This role will include managing pupil appointments and providing general administration support. This will be a ful...Apply now
Site Maintenance OperativeFull-time
We now require an additional Site Maintenance Operative to join Abbey School. This role will include being responsible to the Premises Manager for the cleanliness of the premises during the ...Apply now
We are currently experiencing a period of rapid growth; our pupil cohort is increasing, and so is our staff team. We require a Recruitment Officer to join us in this fast-paced environment, ...Apply now
PBS Practice Lead (Residential)Full-time
Are you a skilled and experienced positive behaviour support practitioner who can inspire others? Are you a confident, compassionate and dynamic practice leader? Do you want to be involv...Apply now
Board Certified Behaviour AnalystFull-time
Are you a skilled, experienced, resilient and proactive Board Certified Behaviour Analyst who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and young people with autism? I...Apply now
Residential Support Worker - Waking NightsFull-time
We are currently seeking to appoint enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working Waking Night Support Workers to support pupils who reside in our residential provision Abbey Green. The ideal can...Apply now
Residential Team Leader - DaysFull-time
We are currently seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working Team Leader to supervise day shifts at our residential provision Abbey Green. The ideal candidate will be comm...Apply now
We are currently seeking to appoint motivated, proactive and hard-working Learning Mentors to join our team here at Abbey School. This is a permanent, full-time post (term-time only), and...Apply now