We are looking for the ideal candidate to join our administrative team as Pupil Administrator. We are a bespoke independent special school based in Chester city centre and we encourage suitable individuals with a passion for SEND who align with our values and vision to contact us. We would love to hear from you!
- Organise and arrange pupil review meetings including pupil 6-week reviews, progress reviews, annual reviews, PEP meetings, LAC meetings, and any other meetings at the request of the senior leadership team, in accordance with legislation.
- Liaise with parents/carers to arrange a suitable time for the meetings to take place in line with the school calendar.
- Schedule meetings in the school outlook calendars inviting all relevant internal attendees
- Send confirmations of booked meetings to parents/carers and invite external professionals who require to be present, ensuring that video links are included in the invitations if they are attending virtually.
- Follow up responses with all external individuals who have been invited in advance of the meeting so that the school knows who will be attending.
- Send all relevant paperwork to all attendees in line with legal requirements.
- Book spaces within the school for the meetings to be held.
- Support general administrative duties.
- Undertake reception cover duties during lunch cover and periods of absence.
How to apply?
Please download our recruitment pack below which contains the full person specification for the post, and job description which outlines the main responsibilities for this role. The ideal candidate must meet the essential criteria listed in the person specification.
If you feel as though you have the right qualities to join our exciting, innovative and exceptional school then please complete the school application form, available to download below. Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter addressed to the Principal, Dr Katy Lee. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 11 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU. Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms.
We will be reviewing submitted applications as soon as they are received. We strongly encourage applications to be sent at your earliest convenience.
Start date: as soon as possible
The School will complete an online search for all shortlisted candidates. If any incidents or issues have happened that are publicly available online, the school may wish to explore this at interview.
Abbey School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of all pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Child safer recruitment procedures operate and the post is subject to references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure with barred list checks.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are ‘spent’ unless ‘protected’ under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, race, sex, pregnancy and maternity, marriage/civil partnerships, religion/belief, or sexual orientation.
Pupil Administrator RoleFull-time
We are looking for the ideal candidate to join our administrative team as Pupil Administrator. We are a bespoke independent special school based in Chester city centre and we encourage suita...Apply now
Residential Team LeaderFull-time
During this exciting period of growth at Abbey School. We now require an additional member to join our Residential Team. We are a bespoke independent special school based in Chester city c...Apply now
Residential Support WorkerFull-time
Our brand new residential provision, Abbey Green, accommodates children with autism who may have additional learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge, and who require a residential...Apply now
Board Certified Behaviour AnalystFull-time
During this exciting period of growth at Abbey School. We now require an additional member to join our outstanding team of Board Certified Behaviour Analysts. We are a bespoke independent s...Apply now
Residential Support Worker - Waking NightsFull-time
We are currently seeking to appoint enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working Waking Night Support Workers to support pupils who reside in our residential provision Abbey Green. The ideal can...Apply now
We are currently seeking to appoint motivated, proactive and hard-working Learning Mentors to join our team here at Abbey School. This is a permanent, full-time post (term-time only), and...Apply now